Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What is lip gloss made of ??

seriously i heard that it 's made from (gulp!!) whale sperm!!!!!!!What is lip gloss made of ??
look on the back of your lipgloss.What is lip gloss made of ??
Alot of the teenagers turned this around. The fact that Lipgloss is made of whale sperm is a myth . Some materials that we use today, back in the 18th and 19th century was used to make such things a lamp oil, crayons, candles, leather sofas ect. This came from a substance called Spermaceti. Report Abuse

If you watch channel 4 (uk) at 8 or 9 tomorrow theres a program about chemicals in makeup and hair products and aparently if you apply lipgloss everyday its like eating (i cant remember how much) lard, lovely =]
it's made of petroleum and mineral oils
90% animal fat!
yuck!!!!!


and that goes on my lips how gross lol!!!!!!


thax,for telling me where did you here that from


plaese tell me
petroleum and mineral oils, colors, sometimes glitter or flavoring.


Whoever told you that was just playing with you.
don't i was thinking the same thing but it sure look good on me
this girl told me today i was like eww and i am never wearing it agin i can't belive it it is also made out of chemicals my science teacher said so it is sorta dangerous lol that is so gross nasty
yummy
There are always tons of rumours. Now, you tell me - who would go through all of the trouble to collect a bunch of whale sperm to put in the millions of lip gloss produced each day? My lipgloss, which is Pomegranate Coconut flavoured, is made of:





Polybutene, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Lactate, Flavour, Beeswax, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Carnauba Wax, Monoammonium Glycyrrhizinate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), and a few colours like FD%26amp;C Blue.





In the above, I do not see anything called 'whale sperm', or anything close to whale sperm. The ingredients of yours should be on the back of the tube, or the packaging.





I wouldn't be worrying. ;)





XOXO,


Laurie
petroleum and mineral oils
I highly doubt it's made from gulp.
lip gloss is made of petroleum jelly (vaselene) and basically a flavoring or some sort...(I MADE IT ONE TIME AT CAMP...WOOHOO)
eww that nasty thanks for telling! but whale sperm.I wear lip gloss everyday!ewwww.
i think its made up of grease and moisturizer (ewwwwww!!!!) but look on the back of your lip gloss

1 comment:

  1. its actually not made from whale sperm. there is an ingredient that comes from sperm whale, but that name just means part of an organ in their head. no whale sperm in lip gloss!

    ReplyDelete